Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Barbies

I love Barbies. I've been in love since I was a child. It makes me so angry that Mattel ruined them though. I have been really angry for quite a few years now. I am TOTALLY against her new body type. I hate that her boobs are smaller and her hips are bigger. They say that it gave girls the wrong impression. That they were striving to be something impossible. I think that if you are looking to Barbies as your model for real life then you have issues. I guess because I am Mexican I never looked at Barbies as being real because they never looked like me. I think it is ridiculous the way Barbie is portrayed now she can dress like a skank, break up with Ken, get tattoos all over her, and dye her hair different colors but she can't have big boobs and small hips. I mean if we're looking at the way society is today Barbie would have already gotten breast implants anyway. I just wish they would change her back and parents get involved in your child's life and talk to them about using their imagination going to the land of make believe like in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. If I am ever blessed with a daughter I will show her how fun it is to play Barbies but she will have to get her own because she will not be playing with mine... Thanks for listening Abyss.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! She looked better then. I think they should make Barbie in all tipes of body sizes. Personally i am going through some very wanted body changes because i feel i would look better. Even though at the end of the day I realize I am great just the way I am. =)

    ReplyDelete